We start with the pickup the of passengers between 07:30 and 08:00 a.m. We process the exit in the Chilean customs and go to Hito Cajón where the border is located. We will enjoy a full breakfast at the border. Already in Bolivian territory we change vehicles to a 4X4 jeep to start with the route. In a few minutes we reach our first stop, White Lagoon. Next, Green Lagoon, located at the foot of the majestic Licancabur Volcano. We continue north until we reach the Salvador Dalí Desert. The route continues until you reach the Polques River. Here we will have the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing bath in its thermal waters. We reach the highest point along the route, the Geysers of the Sun of Tomorrow at 4,960 m.s. At the end of the day we will visit the Colored Lagoon, where we will enjoy a spectacular landscape inhabited by flamingos and other Andean birds. The accommodation on the first night will be at Villa Mar, a shelter located at 3,500 m.s.
On this second day of crossing we will visit different rock formations and canyons. We will visit the Lost Italy sector, where famous formations such as the World Cup or the Camel are found. We visit the Mysterious Lagoon. We will enjoy a trekking with unique landscapes in the Catal Canyon (or Anaconda Canyon for its elliptical formation). After visiting the Valley of the Rocks we will arrive at the Valley of Katal inhabited by indigenous communities. These communities are dedicated to the breeding of llamas and alpacas. We cross the town of San Agustin to end the day in the salt hostel of Puerto Chuvica.
We are already in the Uyuni Salt Flat! We will wake up early to contemplate the magical sunrise on Incahuasi Island. After touring the island, we will visit the Hotel-Museum of Salt, totally built with blocks of salt. We will visit the Salt Eyes and the Salt Mounds. There will be an opportunity to contemplate the immensity of the Salar and takes lots of photographs, our guides are always willing to share their creative talent. We will arrive in the community of Colchani where we can do some shopping and learn some things about the process of extracting salt. After lunch at Colchani we will head to the last stop on our route, the Train Cemetery. The 3-day tour ends in Uyuni in our Bolivia office at approximately 14:00.
For tourists who have the 4 days and 3 nights program we make the respective return visiting the most important mining town of the San Cristobal region, later arriving back to Villa Mar for the third night.
After having breakfast in Villa Mar we will go to the border to carry out the immigration procedures. We will arrive in San Pedro at approximately 12:30 pm.
· Pickup at the hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
· Shared transportation (Bus for the transfer of the hotel to the border and 4×4 jeep for the crossing)
· Basic shared accommodation(3 nights accommodation if you return to San Pedro, 2 nights accommodation if you finish in Uyuni). Shared bathrooms Consult for private room with private bathroom if you wish so.
· Food, breakfast, lunch and dinner (Please let us know about any dietary requeriments or medical conditions).
· Spanish driver-guide. Consult for guidance in other languages.
WHAT TO BRING ?:
· 250 bolivianos per person for the entrance to the parks, border taxes and cost of the showers.
· Water, 2 liters per day are recommended.
· Warm clothing.
· Toilet paper.
· Temperatures: Summer (December to March) min 4º C, max 23 ºC. Winter (June to September) min -20 ° C, 16 ° C max.
· Maximum altitude: 4.960 m.s.n.m. that we will reach the first day of the route.
· The itinerary is subject to change if weather conditions are adverse. This can happen in the rainy season that includes the months of January, February and March.
· The visa is an entry requirement for some countries. If you have not processed your visa you can do so at the border presenting the payment in cash (between 100 and 160 USD according to your nationality), your passport and 2 passport photos. Foreigners with Chilean RUT will also need to present their valid passport.