We visit the town of Colchani, where it is possible to make some purchases at the craft fair and learn about the salt extraction process. We will arrive in to the community of Coqueza from where we can admire the great beauty of the Thunupa Volcano. We will trek until we reach the Cemetery of Chullpas. The day ends with the visit to the Incahuasi Island and the arrival at the salt hostel in Puerto Chuvica.
The crossing continues through the Bolivian highlands visiting the town of San Juan and then the Sora Canyon. We will take a tour of the high plateau lagoons (Cañapa Lagoon, Hedionda Lagoon, Chiracota Lagoon and Honda Lagoon). We will learn about the Stone Tree and other rock formations next to it. Colored Lagoon will be our last stop before arriving in our accommodation in Huallajara.
The journey begins early with the visit to the Geysers del Sol del Mañana, at its busiest time. We will arrive in the Polques Hot Springs, where we can enjoy a pleasant thermal bath and a landscape full of vegetation. We visit the Green Lagoon, at the foot of the Licancabur Volcano and then the White Lagoon, the last stop before arriving in the border.
A vehicle will be waiting at the border for passengers bound for San Pedro de Atacama. Passengers returning to Uyuni will begin the return from this point.
· Shared transportation (Bus for the transfer of the border to San Pedro de Atacama and 4×4 jeep for the crossing)
· 2 Nights Basic shared accommodation. Shared bathrooms Consult for private room with private bathroom if you wish so.
· Food, breakfast, lunch and dinner (pleas let us know about any dietary requirements or medical conditions).
· Spanish driver-guide. Consult for guidance in other languages.
WHAT TO BRING ?:
· 250 bolivianos per person for the entrance to the parks, border taxes and cost of the showers.
· Water, 2 liters per day are recommended.
· Warm clothing.
· Toilet paper.
· Temperatures: Summer (December to March) min 4º C, max 23 ºC. Winter (June to September) min -20 ° C, 16 ° C max.
· Maximum altitude: 4.960 m.s.n.m. that we will reach the third day of the route.
· The itinerary is subject to change if weather conditions are adverse. This can happen in the rainy season that includes the months of January, February and March.